Oh I wish for this sample feature.

XW-Addict

If only it was on the engineers wish list side band filtering keeping tonality in a full spectrum and skew it however you wanted on the G1. Loop points can only do so much and so little you keep telling yourself aaaaah if only that would be sweet. B)

I asked some time ago on casio support ,if it was possible to change the loop points via sysex commands . Got  email and told me ,they would ask the XW engineers ,but never got an answer . Maybe it's time to ask again !

@XW-Addict do you have an example using side band filtering?It sounds already good!

I asked some time ago on casio support ,if it was possible to change the loop points via sysex commands . Got  email and told me ,they would ask the XW engineers ,but never got an answer . Maybe it's time to ask again !

@XW-Addict do you have an example using side band filtering?It sounds already good!

Sure this one I've Re-sampled to create a song from it starts at 4:16 that bit is a whole song

while listening to it I could imagine a beat , bass and melody to add to this short sample.

Roland for instance calls it variPhare but its just a way of side band filtwering keeping specific  frequency 

from a sample and loop that frequency band without loop artifacts which is much cleaner as whether its played

lower or higher on the keyboard you keep the same frequency band and not a per sample frequency which is

not so fancy.

I think also its possible finding a specific band and make a tone from it on the XW , Rethinking it might as well be done

externally through software, But changing loop points via Sysex commands would be a mayor useful addition.

I'm no pony fan so will mix up names but like good samples.

https://soundcloud.com/clay-louis-petty/pinkiepie-if_i_knew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've studied the manual a bit page D-32 / D-33 and fiddled some more with the G1 sampler and G1 editor. 

Homer-studying.gif

If it where possible for real time split edit or points or even use an assigned arpeggio function 

with a sample would be a nifty addition if only partially. The phrase can be used to automate 

some fx , filter watchamacallit on the sample by recording this fiddling with the knobs assigning

CC such as rate, cutoff, release and such on them.

However RT split and point edit can't be realize directly, I was wondering if the G1 could be 

access for it through software SDK if and only if editing tone etc modules is part of the SDK that

is which is under inspection.  

Then again I realize that editing and playing at once could be limited to non possible. 

Conclusion the sampler has versatile options its a small miss though missing a generational leap

when its about manipulating the sample point lengths real time as a freedom of expression.

But similar as the editing drum PCM editing samples still undiscovered territory on the XW-G1.

If there would be a workstation in the build with sampling hope the specs of the G1 extends in RT split ,

point editing 

• 5 months later...

Did some experiments yesterday and found out a way to change start/end and loop points on the fly ,but run into to a "known" bug

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/6522-strange-bug-on-custom-wave-loop-point/

where the synth does not properly save the loop points and have to dig into the "split point menu" ,every time I load my tone.

Sometimes ,with no specific reason the sample even gets corrupted, so I have to dig more and find a solution ,else there is no point.

But I had great time resampling with the looper and create cool synth sounds from scratch... :)