PX575/410 user review

Can anybody post any info about your playing a PX575? I know it has limited polyphony-32 voice and probably no tri-hammer action like the newer PX series, but if anybody can post a bit of a review here, I'd be interested. The usual amazon and other user reviews aren't very descriptive but of course I have read the manual and the Casio website description. Organs good? EPs? How do the acoustic pianos sound? Drumsets? And is the key action at least comparable to the older for example CDP action which is not terrible from my experience playing one. I already own/ play the PX350. Thanks!

Just adding to my own post-This does have something called ZPI tr-sensor scalled hammer action. So it may be if not identical, close to the same action and grand piano sounds as the PX350 and PX5s? This does look like one of the more interesting of the older PX series, just won an eBay listing for one. Now where will I put it!

• Like 1

Well looks like I'm creating my own "blog" here about the older PX575. Just got it, running through it last night and today. Certainly an interesting instrument with many cool editing features for tones, drawbar organs and auto-accompaniment.

Compared to the PX350-piano action is very playable but slightly less heavy in the keys than the 350-the 350 feels more like a real grand key action. Still very good feel to it. The ZPI pianos and electric piano sounds are certainly not as good to my ears as the PX samples but still very good considering its age in technoland. No line-outs but i can modify that hoo-ha-ha-ha! Heavier and bulkier overall than the PX350 but still pretty light for a weighted piano-action board. speakers don't seem as clear to me as the PX350 but maybe I have to play with the equalizer and DSP settings-doesn't seem to have the same clarity overall out of the box, even with headphones but I've only tried my cheaper AKG-66's, not the best benchmark headphones. Will try with the AKG 240's, have a more transparent sound.

Since I have never thrown into the older Casio auto-accompaniment boards (mostly pro workstations of old and new) can't speak too much to that, but I picked it up because it has quite a bit of editing facilities the PX350 does not have-for DSP, synth and organ editing which makes this more funner for me. And like many more "evolved" workstations, I like the fact that this has dedicated buttons for just about anything-transpose, mixer etc. And that auto-accompaniment can be edited on the fly-direct to the mixer-excellent little screen shows what you are doing. Very nice.

Overall, very happy-the closest I've seen to a real Casio workstation-i can definitely see how the more advanced WK workstations came from this. I can't wait to tear it apart and customize it!  Might do a custom paint job although it's pretty cool looking as it is IMHO. And it is pretty much a WK3300 but with 88 piano-action keys. See you all later.

Congrats!  Cool old Privia model.  Have fun. Can't wait to see your customized version.  Post Pics!! 

Overall, very happy-the closest I've seen to a real Casio workstation-i can definitely see how the more advanced WK workstations came from this. 

MZ-2000.   :)  Put that on your eBay watch list.  

MZ-2000*pretty rare. Will post pics of any mods. And this one seems pretty rare too. Almost bought an old WK-8000 but I think this one is cool enough. And the old IDES 4.0 looks pretty nice, good interface for messing around. But am keeping the XW and 350. I'm becoming a big Casio fan Thanks Brad.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just did a minor mod to my PX575 in case anyone here is interested. There is a removable plastic cover underneath attached with over a dozen screws which allows for partial access to the internal key mechanism. I found it just about impossible to add extra felt strips to the key impact points on top (where the fulcrum hits when key is struck). Fortunately that strip was not too worn-it is almost a 1\2 inch thick. The more annoying rather loud clunk occurred on key release. The felt strip for this is much thinner and it is easier to access-it is right under the opening after the panel is removed from the bottom of the PX575. I used a thinner stickier double-wides foam tape attached to the same gray felt I used for the PX350 mod and it worked quite well since the mechanicals making up the fulcrums look very similar if not identical-the PX575 has a graded weighted action like the PX350. This strip is the only object between the metal fulcrum arm and the rather thin plastic bottom of the PX575 structure which probably accounts for the loud clunk upon key release