WK3800 GarageBand

johnny

My old Mac Book toasted with older (better) version of GarageBand (GB).  Fixed with new version GB  is GB '11  6.0.5 which doesn't work with USB output on WK3800.  Casio user guide says to load USB Driver...which of course is a Windows version and will not work on the Mac.  Used GB for all recording/burn CD's  with my 2 WK3800's both circa Dec 2006.  Suggestions???  No... HELP!!!

johnny

Casio never wrote Windows Vista 64-bit drivers for the WK-3800 either, so some nice, enterprising individual published instructions for kludging an Edirol (Roland) sound module 64-bit driver so that it would work with the WK-3800 under Vista-64.  That got me by just fine for years, until the Win-7 64 bit drivers came out.  Contrary to Casio's claims, those work just fine with the WK-3800 under Vista-64, which just goes to show Casio engineering's continued lack of understanding of Vista.  At any rate, if you have not already done so, you might want to also post your question on the MAC-OS forums to see if someone there has come up with a similar work-around for the newer versions of MAC-OS, but your only alternative may be to try to pick up an old MAC-Book, of the correct generation, off of e-bay or Craigs list, etc.

Best of luck.  I understand how frustrated you must be. 

Regards,

Ted