Video Files on Forum ×

Settings for Take My Breath Away Bass line

I recently purchased a Casio CTK3000 believing it could emulate the sound of the bass on Take My Breath Away.

I discovered how to increase the reverb by reading the well-presented manual.

There seems to be no reference to any ability to make other adjustments such as vibrato/tremolo / modulation.

Do any forum members know how to tweak the sound to better reproduce the one in the recording?

The closest standard setting I found is SawSynBs.

Thanks for your feedback.

F

Fairmont

If you are running a Windows PC and have not already done so, go to the Casio International website (archives) and download the IDES-2 software for the WK-3000:

http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/emi/music_casio/en/wk3-20en.exe

while you are there, be sure to get the IDES-2 User Manual:

http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/emi/music_casio/en/wk3man-20en.zip

The IDES software is primarily for transferring User Tone, Rhythm, etc files between your PC and the WK-3000, but when you run the program, in the upper left of its window - under the word FILE - are three little boxes.  Click on the left-most of these boxes, and you will get a Tone Editor that I think will help you.  It is laid out in the typical 16-part multi-timbral MIDI file format for editing 4 tones (tracks/channels) at a time, but you can use it just as easily to edit a single tone.  Just bring up the desired tone in slot one, edit it to your liking, and save it to one of the 700 series User Tones.  Pay particular attention to the bottom button in the tone slot - the one marked "Synth Edit".  Click on that and I think you will see the parameters you are looking for, and that I don't think you have direct access to on the keyboard.  You might want to try experimenting with the DSP settings, as well.  Don't forget to save your work to a User Tone.

Best of luck !

Regards,

Ted