Video Files on Forum ×

Casio Privia PX-350 Weird A Sharp Sound

alvesar

Hi Everyone,

I'm a piano student so, I'm just a beginner.

I've bought a PX-350 a couple of months ago and for me the piano is really amazing when compared with my old Yamaha keyboard.

But I noticed that the A sharp (11th black key, from left to righ)t, sounds a little a bit strange. It looks like the note sounds hgher or there's a strange metalic sound in the background, more treble.

I'm only know that the key sound is different then the others. The same can be heard using the headphones and, of course, is specially noticeable with the Bright Piano.

Also, when I shift the octaves the sound for the same A sharp is the same so, I started to think that this is from the sampling made by Casio but not sure.

I atached the mp3 file I just recorded so, if someone could give me a hint whether this is normal or if you have the same experience, I really appreciate.

I played in the wave from C to B and back to C. The notes are the number 11th, 13th and the last 4 notes in the mp3. The next B for this A sharp seems to have the same characteristic but no so loud as this A sharp.

I thank you in advance, Regards,

Aroldo

TAKE01.mp3

I agree with Scott. I don't hear any marked difference in notes in this recording. I will play it through Goldwave, a sound editor that will show the waveshape as it plays and see if there is some difference in the waveshape. The PX350 does reproduce the sounds of real piano strings which can produce a metallic sound but I don't hear any note standing out from the others. Testing on my PX350 same results.

• Like 1

Did this work out? If you still hear something wrong that is not audible in your posted recording, there may be a bit of dust in that key's sensor inside. Sometimes the tiniest imperfection inside these delicate sensor parts can create a slight variation in sound although I haven't had that problem with any of my Casios so far. I have had to clean several keyboards that had accumulated quite a bit of junk just from sitting around uncovered. Now I always keep covers on everything. After opening up many older keyboards and seeing all the junk that can get into the keys I was convinced covers are important.