Video Files on Forum ×

Tone import possible?

Hi! You can add tones only created for CASIO 6x 7x series. Or create them yourself via Tone Editor.

Thanks for the reply Antonio :)  That's good news! So, if I can find some tones made for these series, how can I add them to my ctk7000? Is it via the Casio Data Manager? If so, could you please tell me how to do it? I would really appreciate it if you can help a noob like me.. Thanks in advance.. :)

• Like 1

AS Antonio has already stated, you can download and install "tone edits" that have been submitted by other users, or you can try your own edits, but all these do are to change the various parameters that shape the raw wave samples.  The raw wave samples themselves are stored in Read Only Memory (ROM) and can not be replaced.

With that in mind, here are two links to other posts on this forum on this subject.  One is a user submitted tone, and the other is suggested parameter settings for doing your own edits:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/605-piano-bright/

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/6555-my-first-thoughts-on-wk7600plus-grand-piano-setting-need-some-help/#entry19260

If you had the newer CTK-7200, I would suggest adjusting the EQ, as that is what most keyboard piano sounds need more than anything, but our CTK-7000's do not have that feature.  I have had some success, on other keyboards, layering two different piano tones together and adjusting their individual levels to get an overall tone that is a little closer to what I am looking for.  I recently saw a discussion over on the PSR-Tutorial Forum, for the Yamaha Arrangers, about layering an acoustic piano tone with a tined electric piano tone to get a fuller acoustic piano sound, but I have not tried it yet on the Casio boards.

When Casio first released the WK-3XXX line of keyboards, they posted various aftermarket tones and rhythms on the Casio International and Casio Europe websites for download.  Ironically, those rhythms will also work in the new CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX units, but not the tones, due to the differences in sound engines.  To date, Casio has only posted a 50 aftermarket rhythm package, but no tones for the new line of boards, so I am not sure what you will find in the way of available tones, other than here on this forum.  If you do find any downloads, you download them to your PC with your web browser, and then download them to the keyboard with the Data Manager software.  You can also copy them to the MUSICDAT folder on your SD Card on your PC, then move that to the keyboard and load them into User Tone memory directly on the keyboard with the "LOAD" command.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

• Like 1

Im saddened by this limitation on ctk7000. It would have been a really good board had they included more freedom on tone importation.. I tried looking for tones modified by other users but so far I have found only a few of them, most of which are organ tones.. I will try what you said about layering.. Hopefully I can come up with something.. I hope someone who has enough know-how makes several dynamic piano tones and make them available for users like me.. A good piano tone can make up for my lack of musical skills.. Thanks tnicoson :)

• Like 1