Video Files on Forum ×

Roadz Mark Amped

Mike Martin

File Name: Roadz Mark Amped

File Submitter: Mike Martin

File Submitted: 29 Jun 2015

File Category: Electric Pianos and Clavs

A fresh take an a classic Rhodes sound for the PX-5S.

Slider 1 - Amp Drive and Level
Slider 2 - Amp/Speaker Selector
Slider 3 - Key Release Noise volume
Slider 4 - Chorus
Slider 5 - Delay
Slider 6 - Reverb
Knobs 1-4 EQ.

Demo:
https://soundcloud.com/maxtempia/new-roadz

Click here to download this file

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I've downloaded this stage setting, but it sounds a lot more distorted than the Soundcloud sample. I realize Slider 1 handles the amount of distortion, but I wonder if the sample was played with some adjustment.

I also noticed the Soundcloud sample is entitled New Roadz, which is a different stage setting all together. Is it really the Mark Amped sample?

I like the Soundcloud sample alot, but I can't seem to get that quality from the stage setting downloaded.

Does anyone else notice this difference? I really want to like this one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've downloaded this stage setting, but it sounds a lot more distorted than the Soundcloud sample. I realize Slider 1 handles the amount of distortion, but I wonder if the sample was played with some adjustment.

I also noticed the Soundcloud sample is entitled New Roadz, which is a different stage setting all together. Is it really the Mark Amped sample?

I like the Soundcloud sample alot, but I can't seem to get that quality from the stage setting downloaded.

Does anyone else notice this difference? I really want to like this one.

Often the stage settings sound different when I download but I think maybe it's because I can't play as well as the sample demo. This stage setting only uses one zone so one of us could save a phrase + sample and then upload them to the forum for others to try to see if it sounds the same on their keyboard. I'd do it now but I need to order a new thumb drive.

I noticed there today in one of Brad's patches (cinema piano one) that he recommended turning off the compressor in the stage setting filter menu in order to load the compression he saved the stage setting with as the Px-5s loads the default always otherwise. (In that stage setting filter menu, you turn things on or off depending on whether you want the same params to load while you are switching stage settings)

I wonder if that is why some stage settings sound different when I download them but I checked with this one and it was saved with just the default compression.