Video Files on Forum ×

PX 850 two keys not working

peg13
Go to solution Solved by Display Name,

My daughter has a PX850 that is just over a year old. Yesterday the E and F below middle C will have a loud recurring electronic noise after being depressed for about half a second. I don't have a recording of it to upload, but could get one if necessary. Is this something that could be fixed by a reset or are we looking at a warranty claim?

Does anyone have information about service in Canada? I read something on another forum in the US that indicated that there was inhouse service for a US warranty claim when it is a console. I can't imagine having to take the unit apart and then shipping it four hours to Toronto to be fixed. I am so disappointed. The piano had been so good, but this has turned me off totally! 

• Solution

Hi Peg and welcome to the Casio Forums. Sorry you are having problems with your PX-850. I don't think the PX-850 has a reset switch, but you may want to try unplugging it for 5 minutes or so to cycle the power and see if that clears it up. Worth a shot. If that doesn't work you will need to contact Casio's Canada Support Centre.  They will let you know the repair process. Their info is listed at:  http://www.casio.com/support/canadasupport/ContactInfo

Thank you, Scott. I tried that and it did not work. I switched to electronic piano and it did not make the sound on that setting. My daughter played through the headphones but said the problem is still there. I think it is not one that can be fixed. I am waiting to connect with casio. 

Did you do this: read the manual: Troubleshooting:

Tones and/or effects sound> The "Back up" feature is turned on.> Turn off "Back up". Next, turn power off and then back on again.>page E-25
strange. Turning power off
and then back on again does
not eliminate the problem.
Example: Note intensity does
not change even though I
alter key pressure.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I'm actually having the exact same issue as described by Peg above.  The E key (two above middle C) give a loud buzz from the left speaker ever time it's depressed in concert or modern mode.  It does not happen in electric piano mode.  Any tips?  

• 6 months later...