Here there and everywhere( piano )

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chelsea (SORRY......I got the name wrong)for the kind words.

Yes,played on the Px 5s

That song takes me away in a dream.

I can only capture the moment because of the memory stick(instant recording)

If I have time to think about it,I loose it.

Yes I used to listen to Dave Grusin a lot years ago on LP.....remember those ?

Here is another Beatles no. Blackbird with a very very famous bass player on it from Dublin who now lives in LA

https://soundcloud.com/hugh-okelly-1

Edited by majnoon
Wrong name

Lovely indeed.  Although I've played bass in dozens of groups since 1964, my keyboard dabbling began in 2004; and has never gotten past the novice stage.  Listening to folks who play like you, increase the urge in me to practice, practice, practice.  

First I changed the wav file into MP3 

then I sent it to the iPad 

Then I called up iMovie and put the MP3 with the video.

Because I started the audio with the first note

it will then sync with the video when I press the same note on the video

I now have two audios 

One for the video and one from the MP3 

And I silence the audio on the video track and bring up the volume on the MP3 

QED

If this doesn't make sense tell me where  I have explained it badly and I'll try to help 

• Like 1

Thanks so much, and it makes good sense.

I have been trying to come up with a song-video workflow, but realized that it takes longer to reinvent the wheel than to ask others what their workflow is. I had started a song sketch on my iPad's iMovie, but wasn't sure if that program would work to completion. I had even used a GarageBand file to see if I could move its audio into iMovie, and had a little bit of success after experimenting with audio file conversions.  You have verified for me, that it can be done while lining up the audio with video in reasonable synchronization. 

Although my keyboard chops aren't up to par, I still intend to forge through and build a song to share; simply because it's fun, it's intriguing, and it helps keep my mind sharper as I approach 70.  

The difficulty is you will be playing it live and recording it LIVE.

So even if the piece is easy it will certainly keep you on your toes

which means the brain will be very active

which is most important.

Then the brain should look after the rest.

6 hours ago, Trent said:

as I approach 70.  

.........Oh my goodness

That seems so old

I'm only 25

(mind you,I've been saying that line for the last 50 years lol)

• Like 1

If it weren't for the video, recording to a DAW would make correcting mistakes easier.  Even the lowly (?) GarageBand DAW has a piano roll, where the individual notes can be moved, deleted, copied, added, sustained, lengthened, and shortened.  

The external piano, IF RECORDED AS MIDI, loses its original  tone or voice because it is replaced with the internal piano/instrument sound of the DAW.  If an audio recording is made from the keyboard, then the editing ability is lost.  There are third-party midi samples or VST's which I'm told, sound quite good.  

However, recording like your have here, is akin to playing live, and is WYSIWYG.  

Thank Trent.

I can't tell you how good a second keyboard is just midied up is

I just put it on the fourth channel

Any old midi keyboard will do

The sounds I use are saxophone brass harmonica  clarinet oboe as lead sounds...

Im very impressed with them 

Also you can do a synth section.

I may do that later; after I get some fair-to-middlen' chops accomplished, and am bonafide and certified on my PX-560 -- with the t-shirt to prove it.  But right now, my Yammy arranger is cased up and out of sight. Don't want it to influence my bias while I'm makin' it wit' the Casio. 

When the time is right, I have an empty second tier on my z-stand.  Or I can keep the Casio in its furniture cabinet, sitting at right angles with the Yammy.