Turn off midi send from PX5

Nova
Go to solution Solved by Mike Martin,

Ive asked this b4, have done everything thats been recmd..

Still, using a module, when I press certain buttons on the 5 it changes tones on the module.

Is there ANY way to simply use a module, be able to press buttons, say sounds on the 5 and NOT change the program on the module?

I thought this would be a simple thing to do, Am Im missing something???, please set me straight.

I would like to use some of the sounds on the 5 and mix them w/my module, but so far, it aint letting me do that.

Especially the sound buttons 5 thru 9, buttons 0 thru 4 theres no problem. Im almost ready to move sounds to banks 0 thru 4, but then again,

why should I have to do that w/a modern keyboard? Its even easy on my px3.

Thanks in advance.

OK Scott, Im pretty sure its set to off but I will check again.

Actually I hope that this would work, as it didnt when I 1st tried it.

This used to be a simple thing on older boards.

Thank you.

Does not completely turn it off. Programs 0 thru 4 r ok, but when I press 5 it always changes the sound on the module.

Does anyone know if the 5 is capable of doing what I want?

I may have to go into the module and do this, but if the 5 is able to perform like the main board in a rig, it should be able to do this.

Its not that hard.

• Solution

Nova,

The answer Scott gave you is correct. The PX-5S will NOT send program changes when selecting Stage Settings if you set it up as he described.  Note that we're talking about selecting STAGE SETTINGS.  Choosing TONES on the PX-5S may send program changes but if you set everything up in Stage Settings you'll be fine. At this point the only time the PX-5S would send a program change through MIDI is if you specifically told it to do so within the MIDI pages of the Stage Setting.

I have several different tone/sound modules, and on every one, I am able to set up the module to ignore incoming bank or program change messages while still being able to make those changes manually on the module's front panel.  You might want to check your module's manual to see if you can adjust its MIDI setup to solve your problem from the other end.  That way it would not matter what mode the PX-5S is in.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted