Any Colour You Like...

Whalebone

they used the EMS V3 synth for that song... did u try mixing some sine and square wave layers for that?  I may split the keyboard and have one half setup with the section that sounds like thirds...  i made some Floyd sounds for the XW... there are so many different synths used in those songs it's hard to keep up with.

Thanks maarkr! I have tried combining those. There is just a certain smoothness i cant get. Maybe its just not achievable without the EMS V3, but if you ever get any extra time, i would love to add some more Floyd sounds to my attempted inventory...

I reckon you can get pretty close with just a couple of detuned saw waves in the solo synth. Definitely not a hex layer, they didn't have 'em in them days.

Try Syn1 set to Sawtooth detuned +006 cents and Syn2 set to Sawtooth-L detuned -006 cents, played in the fifth octave. This creates two detuned saw waves an octave apart. Solo synth Delay DSP is essential, of course; Total Filter cutoff and resonance can be used to get the right mix between smoothness and buzz.

The guitar sound is a clean or slightly crunchy guitar sent through a very fast phaser. Try the Phaser1 DSP preset with LFO Rate turned up to around 80.