Video Files on Forum ×

ZONE RANGE WHEN USED AS MIDI CONTROLLER

Skyscrapersax

OK, so I set up a split for piano and bass...

Now, I want to use a VST piano (Ivory Fazoli).

I can use "Omni" for MIDI channel, and the entire ranger for the keyboard sounds the Fazoli piano sounds.

BUT:  If I use MIDI channel 1, only the range that I assigned to the piano (for Casio sounds) sounds.  The rest (bass area) is silent.

I can't figure out how to make the zone "whole."

Hopefully that is enough information...

Thanks...

I see you found the answer to this.  You were thinking of it wrong.  The PX-5s is always a midi controller, even for it's own internal sounds.  If a zone key range is limited for internal sounds, it will be for external as well.  When you want to combine internal and external sounds where you need different controller settings for each, you should use 2 zones. Same as how you would do it for internal sounds alone.  

• Like 1

Not in front of the PX right now, but you can make the midi out for both zones channel 1 - then any midi instrument will pick up the entire range assigned between both zones.  Each zones midi out can be assigned to any channel, however, they receive on channels 1-4 respectively.