Create your own lesson with a MIDI file WK220

If you have a WK-220 keyboard (this may work for other casio keyboards) and you want to create a lesson file for any midi file that you have follow these steps:

1. Download Anvil Studio

2. Donwload the midi file of a song you want to learn. Make sure it has the bass and treble clef seperate.

3. Open the midi file in Anvil Studio. Make the bass clef track channel 3 and the treble clef track channel 4

4. To seperate the song into phrases so you can learn it on your keyboard insert a 'cue point'  where you want each new 'phrase' to start.

5. Once complete save the file by going to file > export midi format 0

6. To upload the lesson to your keyboard first download the data manager

7. Connect your keyboard via usb to your computer and let windows automatically install the drivers

8. Extract the data manager program to somewhere on your desktop and copy the MIDI file you just created to the folder 'CASIODataManagerData'

9. Run the program DataManager.exe, select 'User Song' from drop down menu, then highlight the song you want to copy in the left panel. In the right panel highlight the memory area on your keyboard where you want to copy the song. Hit the transfer button.

10. To find the lesson on your keyboard choose song bank and type the corresponding number that you highlighted when copying the file over eg 153 154 155 etc

Now you can have lesson files for any midi song you like.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I wish that Iam too late to comment and ask

Iam interested with that topic, and I wanted to put some songs on my keyboard wk-225

and after finishing, I found the song is too long to learn asa one biece, so I followed your directions and splitted it using cue points

but nothing happened, it still one long song, and I do not know what to do

• 1 year later...

hello,

i have a CDP230r... is it compatible?

also i have a mac os... but data manager is not compatible...

any tips as how to upload my own midi files to make lessons?

all suggestions are welcome

thanks !
Jax