Is this possible?

Nova

Hi, I want to set 2 sounds, say zone 1 Rhoads, zone 2 Brass..Both set full length of the board.

I want to play the rhoads sound , and mabey with a slider bring in the brass sound. Basically Id be

playing the rhoads as my main sound and bring in the brass for lines. Can I do this n if so how?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In short, the way it's done is to edit the controllers so that sliders S1 and S2 are set to Control 7, Volume.

Then, edit your zones for instruments 1 and 2 so that slider 1 is enabled for zone 1, but slider 2 is disabled; and the other way around for zone 2 (S1 disabled, S2 enabled).

A hint: Before saving the stage setting for this, set the faders how you want them to be when you load the setting. Then, even though the faders can be wherever, when you load the setting, you'll have the sound you want up and the sound you don't want silent, say.

I set up a stage setting for worship at my church:

* Slider 1: Grand piano

* Slider 2: Strings

* Slider 3: Warm pad

* Slider 4: Electric piano

and it's saved so that whenever you load the sound, piano is up and the others are silent, irrespective of where the sliders are, until you touch them.

Note that this approach does steal polyphony, as the notes are all playing, even when their volume's zero. However, with 256 notes, I haven't had an issue. :)  And there's a fix by putting something into the second slot for each slider's assignments, but I forget what it was.