Video Files on Forum ×

Loading a user style in the PX350

fransn

I've had no problem loading any .ac7 files from the thumb drive into the PX350 user rhythm memory. Since the CTK saves its rhythm accompaniments as .ac7 files, should be no problem-just copy from your CTK SD card into the computer and into the PX350 thumb drive.  Not sure if the CTK7200 uses the same basic "tones" or instruments as the PX350 (I play the PX350 but not familiar with the CTK7200). Since the PX350 does not use a "data manager" software program, I directly copy any .ac7 files I've stored from other sources directly from my computer to the thumb drive. Make sure you store these in the "RHYTHMAC" folder in the PX350 thumb drive. The PX350 creates all the correct folders when you mount the thumb drive. Another nice feature re the PX350-since it will read any .ckf file also, you can open an individual rhythm with a Casio program called ckf rhythm player, and edit the contents of a rhythm. I've done this to change instruments, volume levels and to preview what individual rhythms will sound like directly on my computer before I load these into the PX350. The software doesn't read .ac7 files but I've edited quite a few rhythm accompaniments and saved as a .ckf, might play in the CTK7200 as well. Sorry for probably more info than you needed!

Yes. Page E-22, 23 in the PX350 manual describes how this is done. You can also change reverb and chorus levels, panning, volume and part on/off from the PX350. I often only use the drum/percussion and bassline parts when practicing/playing songs on the PX-350. Save the edited rhythm part in the internal PX350 user rhythm memory, which will delete any other rhythm that may be already stored there. This new rhythm will be in .AC7 form. Reviewing another post here reminds me the difference between the .CKF and the newer .AC7 file format is simply that the .AC7 rhythms can store up to 8 different parts for auto-accompaniment, the .CKF only 5 parts. I use both. For example-I also play an older Casio PX-575 (very nice also) and it creates and stores auto-accompaniment rhythms in the older .CKF format on an SD card. I transfer these to my PX350 thumb drive and can use the same auto-accompaniment in both. I do this because there is still a huge database of Casio .CKF rhythm accompaniments that can be downloaded which were created for the earlier auto-accompaniment Casio keyboards such as the WK3000, 3300, 8000 and others. There are many posts here about how several of us have also tried converting auto-accompaniment patterns from Yamaha, Korg and Roland to use in the Casios-including me. Not as easy but can be done. Probably better doing as you are-creating your own.