How do I download my own samples onto the XW P1?

How do I download my own samples onto the keyboard so I can play them in real time for recording or live performance?

Hi Wawhoudini and welcome to the Casio Forums. The XW-G1 or XW-PD1 are the only samplers in the XW line. If you wish to play back samples from the XW-P1's keyboard,  you will need to connect an external device like a computer or tablet and use a program or app. If you have an iPhone or iPad, Garage Band has that function (and many other built-in). You can also use a hardware sample player the Akai MPX8 and trigger samples via MIDI.  Good luck and again, welcome to the forums! You will learn a lot here.

Thanks for your reply Scott.  If I connect my computer to the synthesizer, what app do I need to run to get samples to the XW P1 for playing?

There's a lot out there. Many DAW's have them built in. For something easy, check out http://www.sampledecks.com/en/ . If you google "software sample player with MIDI" you can see all the other standalone programs out there. Many have are free or have free demos so you can try them out and pick the one that works best for you. Have fun!