Video Files on Forum ×

Fender Rhodes piano sound on ctk4400

DJ

Since your CTK-4400 does not provide for editing and saving the preset tones, you will have to select the closest preset tone and use that "as is".

I suggest listening to the sound sample (right hand side of this web-page), then going through your entire set of EP sounds to find the closest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_piano

Part of your problem will be that the overall Rhodes sound depended, to some extent, upon the type of amp (tube / solid state), speakers, and

speaker cabinet it was connected to, and whether the Rhodes' output level was jacked up to drive the amp into overdrive or distortion.

Try tones 032 through 048 and 056.  Tones 034 and 035 probably won't work, as the Rhodes was not "FM" synth technology.  Those tones with

chorus or tremolo would be to your particular taste to emulate the type of amp or effects box the Rhodes output was run through.  My CTK-7000

has all these same tones.  Several come close, but nothing right on the head, but since the sound system in your 4400 is a little different, one or

two of those tones may come closer than my board.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted