Casio LK-43 Driver

MTMusic

Can someone please help me figure out if there is a driver for the Casio LK-43 keyboard that would allow me to use it with my computer (Windows Vista)?  

The Casio company could not help. I just need to know if I can use this keyboard or not, we have a computer piano program for my kids to learn how to play. 

Thank you. 

The LK-43 has the old style 5-pin-DIN MIDI IN/OUT connections, so you will need a USB-MIDI adapter to connect it to a USB port on your computer:

http://www.amazon.com/VicTsing-Cable-Converter-Keyboard-Adapter/dp/B00ACGMOA6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439877529&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+midi+adapter

The computer only requires drivers for devices that are connected DIRECTLY to it - in this case- the adapter - not the LK-43.  The adapter acts as the interface for

the LK-43.  The adapter normally comes with its own driver from the manufacturer, but I recommend this one, because it is CLASS COMPLIANT - meaning that it will

work with the generic drivers that have been built-in to Windows since XP Service Pack 2.  So, for your Vista computer, it would be truly Plug-N-Play.  Just connect it

between the LK-43 and your computer, and Vista will automatically load the necessary drivers.  When you connect the leads to the LK-43, the MIDI OUT from the

adapter goes to the MIDI IN on the LK-43 and MIDI OUT from the LK-43 connects to the MIDI IN lead on the adapter.  That's IN-to-OUT and OUT-to-IN ! ! !

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

OK... sounds like you are saying all I have to do is switch how I have it connected... the IN goes in the OUT spot and the OUT goes in the IN. 

I have this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CO5IRSG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

If the fix is that simple, you have just saved me a lot of headaches, frustration and money! Going to try it! 

Thanks so much.