Video Files on Forum ×

No one has bought the CGP-700 yet?

Digital Gee

I have the CGP-700 and I can tell you its awesome!  I've even taken it to a gig with my band already.

I'm in the process of putting together an intro video about it (with more to follow).  Unfortunately, I moved my office/studio to a new location and the lighting at the new studio isn't the greatest for video.  Once I get the lighting situation resolved, I'll start posting videos (which should be real soon).  Lighting is so important when it comes to putting out a quality video.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I have the PX-360, which has a few more features.  As the primary instrument for a single act, here are my early assessments:

Ergonomics:  Score on a 1 to 10 scale is a 10+  You can do everything from the main screen with one touch, very impressive! I've used the Korg Krome 88 extensively, which was reputed to have a very good touch screen interface, but the PX-360 is much more intuitive and easier to use.  

Piano touch and realism:  10.  The signature grand piano is magnificent!  The feel of the ebony and ivory keyboard is very unique and realistic. 

Other tones:  Underwhelming.  I like the saxes on my PX-320 much better.  Nylon string guitar is only average, brass is awful IMHO.  Other piano voicings are okay, EPs are plentiful, but many sound alike.  Wurlies are decent, Rhodes sounds are okay. Rhodes Phaser and Chorus variants sound nothing like the originals I used in the 70s and 80s.  Score:  5

Rhythms:  Awful.  Very little usable, a digital wasteland.  I would trade the internal  rhythms in my WK-3200, my PX-310, my PX-400R or my PX-320 in a heartbeat.  The problem is that the patterns are not universal, they seem to have been developed for specific songs, and don't support a more generic needs that someone with a songlist of over 1000 songs would require.  If the main patterns are bad, the variations are ridiculous....loud, in-your-face, and sound like a teenager trying to demo his first drum set.  Ouch!  Score:  2  The only saving grace is that there are 10 user rhythm spots available, and .CTF can be very easily loaded.  

PS:  If anyone knows how to copy the internal rhythms from the PX or WK platforms into a .CTF file, please let me know!!!

Flexibility:  This is a very flexible keyboard.  The touch screen allows easy access to primary and secondary voices, splits, tempo, registration memories, balance, and mixer functions.  If not for bad rhythms and marginal tones, its a pretty great platform.  I intend to use the midi capability get many of my needed sounds out of my motif rack, and ever-trusty Roland JV. Hopefully, I can populate the user area with enough decent rhythms to get by with my 200+ gigs per year.

Score overall:  6

Hope this will be helpful.