Video Files on Forum ×

how to download new tones to ctk 4400

hi everyone:

I have another question for you, because I have been looking in the web if is possible to transfer new tones to my ctk 4400, unless the casio transfer software have an option for do that, but I don't know which format should be or where can I find them, thanks in advance

DJ

While the CTK-4400 can record (sample) sounds from external devices connected to the Audio In jack, store them in internal memory, and play them from the keyboard, it has no provision for storing/loading/playing downloaded Tones.  It has no "User Tone" memory.

If you are looking to expand the CTK-4400's repertoire of quality instrument sounds, your alternative is to connect it to an iPad or computer and use it to play high quality VST software instruments.

You can connect the "Line Out" or the "Phones" jack of your computer to the "Audio In" jack of the CTK-4400.  This will play the sounds of the computer through the CTK-4400's speakers.  Even though the sound will come from both of the CTK-4400's speakers, it will be in mono, not stereo. If you use the computer's "Line Out" jack, the sound should be at the correct level, but if you use the "Phones" jack, be sure to turn the computer's volume way down, so as not to overdrive the CTK-4400's "Audio In" circuits.  See the right hand column on Page 63 of the CTK-4400's manual.