PD bing PD bang PD wow.

XW-Addict

Personally those videos don't sell me on the PD1 at all.

Honestly I think the target audience for the PD1 is no talent air drummers who wanna make house "music" without an ability to play an actual instrument or learn music theory.

And I'm sorry if I'm hurting anyone's feelings but being a DJ is NOT a musical artform.  Randomly stabbing at 16 buttons in time with a canned beat requires pretty much no skill, no talent, and basically not even a musical ear. :P

To me those videos sound pretty much like non-musical noise.

Sorry, but I calls it as I sees it... :P

Gary ;)

Honestly I think the target audience for the PD1 is no talent air drummers who wanna make house "music" without an ability to play an actual instrument or learn music theory.

And I'm sorry if I'm hurting anyone's feelings but being a DJ is NOT a musical artform.  Randomly stabbing at 16 buttons in time with a canned beat requires pretty much no skill, no talent, and basically not even a musical ear. :P

Gary ;)

Same here, plus those things have timing issues can hear it in every vid there no seamless transition. I've noticed it on occasion with XW to. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I guess we are all entitled to our own options.

Do I like this sort of stuff. No. Not at all in fact. But, as much as it isn't 'music' that I like, I think it is unfair to suggest it isn't music, or an art form, or something that requires skill. The latter point is reasonably indisputable, as it isn't just my opinion, but a fact that there are those more talented at that type of thing than others.

The first two points are more subjective, though it wouldn't be a stretch to suggest that if people danced to it, that would be one fairly big argument that it is music.

However, I put it this to you. Would it be fair for me to state categorically that any 'style' of painting or sculpture that I do no not like is not art. Or is it more reasonable to state that as an individual I do not see it's artistic merit.

Lets not forget that at various points in time, musical styles that are now well accepted were once frowned upon. I'm fairly sure I recall reference to the likes of the Beatles music being thought of less than favourably in terms of its musical content.

What baffles me more is that here, in Australia, the cost of a G1 is not a great leap from the price of a PD1. I would be fairly certain you could do the same stuff (if you were so inclined) with the samples assigned to keys, and much much (dare I add another much) more than you can with the PD1. I realise 'size' is an issue, but you'd have to be dead set on space optimisation and portability to go for what I se as a massively more limited product.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Gary ;)

I made myself watch both videos because I could not believe the hate.

Both of those guys are having FUN doing stuff I can't do yet.

Real time finger druming all parts is very difficult and takes alot of practice.

I would rather be happy and healthy than right and alone.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 28 Aug 2015 at 11:36 PM, Null said:

Gary ;)

actually, hot sugar is very talented, musical and an enthusiastic supporter of many obscure (casio) products. i like him, even i'm not sure that i understand his world:)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...