Same keys on PX-150 and PX5s?

thegummy

Hi and welcome to the Casio forums. Same keys and action across all the Privia PX-X50 / X60's.  As for feeling the same when playing a VST: My gut says they will feel the same, but the 5S has a bunch of keyboard and velocity settings -- but to be honest I'm not sure how much of that is sent over MIDI and how much is internal only. 

Thanks very much for the welcome and answer.

I really fancy the PX5S actually but it's good to know the cheaper alternative of controlling my existing module and/or VSTs with the PX-150 will give me just as good keys.

Just be aware the PX-150 DOES NOT have 5 pin MIDI DIN (in or out). So if you want to control a MIDI module, you will need to route the USB from the PX-150 thru a computer and then out to an USB/MIDI interface and then on to your module. 

• Like 1

Midi in/out ports as Scott pointed out.  Usb midi.   Midi in can be sent to usb out or usb in can be sent to midi out.  

Sliders, knobs, pedals and wheels are assignable to midi CC's and can target 2 midi CC's at once with the ability to program a min/max operating range.

4 fully independent zones with independent midi out on/off, usb out on/off and local off/on.  

4 independent arpeggiators with control change capability per step, assignable to the same CC's as the sliders. 

Stage settings that store all of this in memory for recall anytime. 

Plus a few things I'm probably forgetting.  Midi Rx filters, midi transpose per zone, midi octave shift per zone, etc.

• Like 1

Midi in/out ports as Scott pointed out.  Usb midi.   Midi in can be sent to usb out or usb in can be sent to midi out.  

Sliders, knobs, pedals and wheels are assignable to midi CC's and can target 2 midi CC's at once with the ability to program a min/max operating range.

4 fully independent zones with independent midi out on/off, usb out on/off and local off/on.  

4 independent arpeggiators with control change capability per step, assignable to the same CC's as the sliders. 

Stage settings that store all of this in memory for recall anytime. 

Plus a few things I'm probably forgetting.  Midi Rx filters, midi transpose per zone, midi octave shift per zone, etc.

Thanks for the info Brad.

Can the pedals on the PX-150 be sent as a MIDI CC over USB?