Video Files on Forum ×

MIDI Expression Pedal

Display Name

These are great solutions......for keyboards that only have a USB in (such as the WKs) or built-in midi DIN ports . I wonder if these would work minus the computer for USB only keyboards-probably only if one were to add a midi host box such as the Kenton. Would be nice to be able to use an expression pedal connected directly to the keyboard without a computer tied to it for playing out on a gig. From reading the specs, I am guessing that these can be programmed on the computer, but then used stand-alone provided you have DIN ports to connect to.

These are great solutions......for keyboards that only have a USB in (such as the WKs) or built-in midi DIN ports . I wonder if these would work minus the computer for USB only keyboards-probably only if one were to add a midi host box such as the Kenton. Would be nice to be able to use an expression pedal connected directly to the keyboard without a computer tied to it for playing out on a gig. From reading the specs, I am guessing that these can be programmed on the computer, but then used stand-alone provided you have DIN ports to connect to.

This new product is like the Kenton but in a much smaller footprint:

https://supr.com/mode-machines/products/cerebelusb-usb/