PX560 built in speakers.

chelsea4023

The PX-560M is going to be a terrific addition to my Casio rig.  For now, I am mostly playing piano and few layered sounds. I haven't dug deep yet - the holiday break should offer more time off for PX-560M exploration. The touch screen layout is intuitive and it simplifies tone selection, splits, rhythm/metronome tempo, etc. - it's all right there in front of me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

No quite a different instrument. The PX-5S has a more powerful synth engine (PX-5S can do  dual hexlayers - PX-560 can only do one),  PX-5S has 4 arpeggiators, 560 has one). PX-5S is also a more flexible MIDI controller. BUT.. the 560 has dedicated transpose buttons, an assignable pedal input for an expression pedal, a large color touch screen and a music stand. PX-560 also has a multi-track MIDI recorder and backing rhythms.

I think the 560 can do a hex layer on each Upper1/2,Lower1/2. It's not to be confused with E-23 "Apply effects to Upper 1 (main tone)". I believe (I don't own yet!) this means that when you are sound designing the sound comes out of Upper1. You can then save this sound preset and can then stack/layer/split that saved preset allowing upto 4 Hex layers being played at once. A maximum of 12 voices per note.

Or am I grossly mistaken?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...