WK7500 : Change volume on layer part ?

BEGINNER QUETION:

I'm trying to add a little organ to an electric piano . . . but the organ overwhelms the piano.

I'd like to LOWER the organ (organ is the layer) so it sounds like it's in the background

1) How do I change the volume?

2) Once changed and the saved to a "Registration" is that organ sound volume changed for ever, or does it then return to the normal default?

Thanking YOU in advance for any help you can give

:-)

Fred

Fred

The keyboard's Mixer Channels are as follows:

A-01: UPPER-1 part

A-02  UPPER-2 part

A-03  LOWER   part

A-04  AUTO-HARMONIZE part

Press the MIXER button to bring up the MIXER and ensure that it is on the "A" Channels (NOT the "B" Channels).

If it is on the "A" Channels, press the LEFT or RIGHT ARROW buttons (  <  >  ) to move the Channel cursor to the "A" Channel that has the organ tone.

If it is on the "B" Channels, press the LEFT ARROW button ( < ) as many times as necessary to move the Channel cursor to the "A" Channel that has the organ tone.

Adjust the level of the organ channel to suit your tastes.

Press the EXIT button to exit MIXER mode and save your adjusted mix to a registration.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

Sorry, Fred !

I left out the final two steps that you need.  Once you get into MIXER mode and use the LEFT/RIGHT ARROW buttons to select the MIXER channel (Part) that you want to adjust, you need to press the DOWN ARROW button ( V ) TWICE so that the display shows  [Volume] selected, then you use the DATA WHEEL to adjust the level.  While you are at this point, as long as [Volume] is still selected, if you want to adjust the level of any of the other MIXER channels (Parts) you can just use the LEFT/RIGHT ARROW buttons to select them, then use the DATA WHEEL to adjust the level.  This includes the Auto Accompaniment channels A-09 through A-16, as well.  So if you want to adjust the level of any of the rhythm parts (including the drums), just LEFT/RIGHT ARROW on over to that channel (Part) and use the DATA WHEEL to adjust the level.  At this point, you have a 16 channel mixer at your disposal.  The only drawback is that, while you are in MIXER mode, the display only shows the static max level set for each channel.  To see the actual instantaneous real-time level coming out of that channel, you have to hit the EXIT button to come out of MIXER mode.  Now, if you go back into MIXER mode to adjust more levels, check to be sure that [Volume] is still selected.  It should be, but if it is not, you will need to press the DOWN ARROW button TWICE again to get back into [Volume] adjust mode.  With a little practice, you will get to the point that you can pop in and out of MIXER mode and adjust channel (Part) levels pretty much on the fly.  AND . . . NOW . . . To put a nice topping on all of this:  While you are in MIXER mode with [Volume] selected, Sliders 1 through 8 can be used to adjust the channel (Part) levels.  Slider 9 normally acts as a Master volume control.  Use the button immediately to the left of Slider 1 to switch the complete 8 slider set between Mixer Channels 1-8 and 9-16.  This is VERY convenient for adjusting the mix in real-time as you play - much like adjusting the draw-bars on a draw-bar organ as you play.  Just make sure you do not come out of [Volume] mode while doing this.  If you do, the sliders act to change the various tones (voices) assigned to the different Mixer channels - something you would not necessarily want to do during real-time play.

See the chart on Page 36 of the WK-7500 manual for the different "parts" assigned to the various Mixer channels.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

• 2 years later...

Hi Ted , I have just bought my 7200------trouble is that following the above procedure (been throught the manual a bing of times!) -----I set the rythm volume using A09 and A10 which the mixer indicates to be PRC and DRM thus the drum volume decreases-------but as soon as I come out of the mixer and choose 'accomp'  'normal' to start the rythm on playing chords-----the drum volume is back up to full volume . am i missing something or is my keyboard faulty?

Angus

The changes you are trying to make are an integral part of, and are controlled by, the Rhythm file (Pre-set or User).  As you have already discovered, any Mixer changes to a particular rhythm, while it is static (not running/playing) are reset to their default values, when the rhythm is started.  Saving your changes as a Registration would not help, as Registrations only save Mixer settings for Parts A01 through A04.  Use the Easy Edit mode of the Pattern Sequencer (top of right hand column on Page E-112 of the manual) to make your A09 and A10 changes to your selected rhythm and save it as a User Rhythm, but you would need to make those changes to all the different sections of that rhythm (INTRO, NORMAL, VARIATION, FILL(s), ENDING), in order for them to be consistent through-out the entire rhythm, unless you intend to use only the NORMAL section.

Good luck!

- T -

• 5 years later...