Saving external input mixer settings

montequi

Having a problem.  Whenever I make mixer changes to the external input, they're lost when I turn the keyboard off and on.  I've tried saving the step sequencer, tone, and performance.  

Also, sometimes (but not always) when I save one of those 3, the external input will stop working.  I have to go to the mixer and toggle the part off and on to get it to turn back on.

The first issue is more of a headache than the 2nd, as I have to set a specific noise threshold and volume, but it keeps going back to some default numbers.  I also want the DSP on all the time.

Anyone know a trick that will allow me to save and recall the mixer settings?

• 1 month later...

This might be a long shot as I am very new to the XW-P1 and I'm not absolutely sure about your XW settings and external config... Perhaps you need to configure the Solo Synth Block & DSP setting then backup data/save for each tone you create with an external source before rebooting the XW-P1??  

There is a relationship between Parts - Zones & MIDI  External Inputs. There doesn't seem to be an option to save Mixer data to Flash storage or upload to PC, have you tried using the 'All Data' or 'Setting Data' backup setting??

Do you use an external sound block (MIN IN/INST IN jacks) as the Oscillator Block then apply it to the Solo Synthesiser? 

1. Normal DSPs - Can be saved and edited as a user DSP (see page E-37 of XW-P1 manual) - then reapplied to user made solo synth tones.
  2. Solo Synth DSP - Saved as part of the Solo User Tone
  3. Zones 2-4 played only in Performance Mode effect internal sound sources as well as external MIDI sources. 4 Tones, Master EQ, Effects, DSP configs are all saved into the 'Performance .ZPF' files.

I don't really know what else I can tell you. Thoroughly read the XW User Manual. It confuses the hell out of me! There are settings for the DSP, but it depends what your applying them to, and if your keyboard is controlled externally via MIDI/virtual controller then maybe that will over-ride Mixer/DSP settings.

I've not done much experimenting with the XW sadly. I find the unit a bit daunting, so I play the guitar instead. Hope this helps you in some way.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/6160-using-the-xws-resonant-filter-with-polyphonic-tones/

Good Luck!

And although the manual doesn't clarify this too well, this "write" procedure is the same when you edit any tone-PCM, organ, solo synth or hex layer or in performance mode. You always must push the "edit" button to make changes, then push "write", and finally "enter". The "write" button alone does not save your changed tone. You have to push enter also or the tone changes disappear when you change to a different tone. And remember that the XW-P1 has many different "modes" which can be used in combination with each other. Performance mode, tone mode and sequencer mode all function differentyl and to edit any of these you have to be in that "mode"-you can't edit a sequence while in tone mode, you can't edit a "performance" unless you are in "performance" mode. I try to post as an "old school" guy that back when-a musician would need 2 or 3 entirely separate devices to do what the XW-P1 does in one box, as does software. This makes the XW a very "deep" instrument in that respect. Many of us older guys had to take awhile to learn to operate just a "sequencer", then a drum machine" then a "synthesizer", and a Hammond B-3 and electric piano or similar. Plus keyboards with "auto-accompaniment" functions and a van to carry it all! The XW wraps all these in one box. Hope this helps you understand at least this part of the XW.
  • Like 1