Video Files on Forum ×

Store locator for the Grand Hybrid?

HwyStar

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

There is also this website: https://www.casiomusicgear.com/where-to-buy you might check out.

However, you will find that some of these phone numbers are no longer working numbers. You might also discover that major U.S. cities do not have a dealer who has a Casio Grand Hybrid on their sales floor.

I live in St. Louis, MO (pop. 2.3 million), yet there are no piano dealers who have the Celviano Grand Hybrid, or even near by, while there's no problem finding the latest from Kawai, Yamaha, or Roland in the St. Louis area.

I'll be going to Minneapolis, MN (pop. 4 million), to visit a relative this weekend, and I thought I would like to audition a GP510. So I called the one phone number of a Casio approved service center for Minneapolis area to see if someone there might know where I might find a store selling the grand hybrids. Unfortunately, the number listed on the website was no longer a working number. According to the "where-to-buy" site, the closest dealer to Minneapolis is in Mankato, MN.

In other words, it will be a challenge to find a store anywhere in the U.S that has a Celviano Grand Hybrid that you can sit down and play.

• Confused 1

@Bohemian

This thread is over 5 years old.....Is there a reason you're posting here? 

Casio introduced a new product at a price nearly 6-9x higher than our most popular products like a Privia PX-S1000. The price points of the Grand Hybrid make them out of the range of our typical (MI) music dealers. That means you're looking for piano dealers not traditional MI stores. For Casio that meant entirely new distribution than any other product in our line...in a market where many "traditional piano stores" are closing their doors.

The Grand Hybrid as you know was developed in collaboration with C. Bechstein.  Do you know how many Bechstein dealers there are in the United States?  There are two.  So that also meant that we couldn't rely on existing C. Bechstein dealers for distribution. So our strategy from day one was to keep distribution very exclusive and limited.

That being said, we continue to open new dealers all the time. Both the GP-310 and GP-510 are selling extremely well. Actually it has been a record year. 

I'm sorry you don't have a local Grand Hybrid dealer, we're working on increasing our distribution all the time.  During Covid-19 that has been an additional challenge. 

3 minutes ago, Mike Martin said:

@Bohemian

This thread is over 5 years old.....Is there a reason you're posting here? 

Casio introduced a new product at a price nearly 6-9x higher than our most popular products like a Privia PX-S1000. The price points of the Grand Hybrid make them out of the range of our typical (MI) music dealers. That means you're looking for piano dealers not traditional MI stores. For Casio that meant entirely new distribution than any other product in our line...in a market where many "traditional piano stores" are closing their doors.

The Grand Hybrid as you know was developed in collaboration with C. Bechstein.  Do you know how many Bechstein dealers there are in the United States?  There are two.  So that also meant that we couldn't rely on existing C. Bechstein dealers for distribution. So our strategy from day one was to keep distribution very exclusive and limited.

That being said, we continue to open new dealers all the time. Both the GP-310 and GP-510 are selling extremely well. Actually it has been a record year. 

I'm sorry you don't have a local Grand Hybrid dealer, we're working on increasing our distribution all the time.  During Covid-19 that has been an additional challenge. 

I'm posting here because the question is as relevant then as it is now to others who are seeking: "Where to buy a Grand Hybrid?" I did not think any of the replies were all that helpful to those still searching. My posts offer concrete help to the seeker (two websites), while I also alert the seeker of the grand hybrid of the possible challenges in seeking a store with the grand hybrid in his or her area.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/12/2021 at 6:14 PM, Bohemian said:

I'll be going to Minneapolis, MN (pop. 4 million), to visit a relative this weekend, and I thought I would like to audition a GP510. So I called the one phone number of a Casio approved service center for Minneapolis area to see if someone there might know where I might find a store selling the grand hybrids. Unfortunately, the number listed on the website was no longer a working number. According to the "where-to-buy" site, the closest dealer to Minneapolis is in Mankato, MN.

The dealer in Minneapolis is Schmitt Music. They have several locations around town. 

https://www.schmittmusic.com

Following up on Mike Martin's link to the dealer in Minneapolis, this is the text reply I received from them when I inquired about the GP-510:

"Thanks for your inquiry about the Casio GP-510. We are Casio dealers but do not stock the GP-510. We can certainly special-order this unit for you. We do carry a REALLY (her caps) nice selection of Kawai Hybrids and would also suggest looking at some of these as well as the Casio." 

Schmitt Music could not locate any GP310 or GP510 (or the older GP-300 or GP-500) models in any of their Minnesota locations. However, the independent Mankato location did have a GP-300.

While I allow that some of this is the result of the supply-chain disruption due to the pandemic, based on the text response above, Casio has some catching up to do. Meanwhile, let's hope the science will prevail against the vaccination hesitancy that's still out there, and we can get through this pandemic with a return to normalcy and even build back better!