MarkO

Ipad Air 2 with ios 9.0.2

I have purchased a new iPad 2 and it now has ios 9.0.2.  After looking at the Apple accessory store and Amazon, I am unable to determine if there is a "camera connection kit" that will actually function with my XW-P1 and the MIDI Designer for XW.  There are several options for sale on both sites but after reading the customer reviews it looks like a 50/50 shot if a the kit will actually work.  So my question is, has anyone had sucess with connecting a iPad Air 2 to a XW-P1?

I have the G1 and iPad air1 8.4 . After searching the net I hade trouble finding a cheap lighting cck on eBay. Most of these kits work up to iOS 7 . So I decided to buy an original Apple cck instead of risking.

I have purchased the "Apple" Lightning to USB camera adapter from Best Buy.  It had the highest amount of reviews claiming success with connecting to a music keyboard.  I will inform after it arrives on Wed. 

*UPDATE*  Success!!   I connected my Lightning to USB camera adapter to the IPad, a USB printer type cable to the lightning connector and the XW-P1,  and finally a 3.5mm/ 1/8 inch audio cable from the headphone jack of the IPad to the audio in of the XW-P1.  Turned on the XW and the amp and VOILA, electronic collaboration between the XW-P1 and the MIDI Designer for XW.  Wonderous sounds abound. 

I have some trouble with the editor. It seems setting the synth dsp does not actually updates G1 settings
Now I am thinking I did not try straight to iPad ,but I did the following routing
iPad -> usb -> PC -> MusicIO (app) -> usb -> XG G1

I'll try later with the iPad connected straight to G1 ,could anyone confirm if the editor's dsp works?

*EDIT*

Ok, it works, but I found a bug :

Touch sense on amp section does not work. The editor transmits wrong NPRN

B0 63 33

B0 62 2A <--It should be 2B instead according to midi implementation chart

B0 06 xx