How to transfer recorded songs from Privia PX-320 to Mac OS X?

noblerare

Hi and welcome to the Casio Forums. I could be mistaken, but unfortunately I don't believe the PX-320 records audio performances like the more current models. From what I can tell from the manuals, it only records data to be played back on the PX-320 itself.  

To use your Mac to record audio you will need an audio interface. You would use the line out jacks to get audio from the PX-320 to the interface and a USB (or whatever cable the interface uses) to get from the interface to the Mac.

PX-320 LINE OUTS ----> AUDIO INTERFACE ----> MAC

Another option is to install a software piano on your Mac and use the Privia as a controller only. This way, all sound is being created and recorded in the Mac. The PX-320 just sends note data. It's a much simpler connection:

PX-320 USB PORT ---> MAC

Hope this helps! Good luck! 

• 4 years later...

Hi, I owned a PX320 for a few years and there is a slot for a sd card in the upper casing. I recorded about 20 songs on this but depending on what size card you have it is virtually unlimited.

Once recorded just plug the card into any windows computer and double click the files to play them.