Video Files on Forum ×

Dee & Ricky Casio Xw G1

CairnsFella

Hi all,

Anyone else seen the "Dee & Ricky" G1's on Ebay ??

I'd personally never heard of them (until I looked them up after seeing the listing). If I give you a clue that the artwork from these guys has added a little to the price, I challenge you to have a guess  before you look the listing up!.

There were a pair of XW's, each with custom hand painted artwork that was originally part of a promotion give away.  The giveaway happened near the release date of the XWP1/G1 a few years back.  One of the "winners" has had this item for sale on ebay on and off since then.  I'm not sure that the "art" gives enough value to the XW to justify the asking price thus it is still for sale.  If I remember correctly the first time it went up they were asking $20K. 

• Like 2

If I remember correctly the first time it went up they were asking $20K. 

Looks like they've gone down considerably.  It's under $4k now.  :D   I've been seeing this xw on ebay for a long time now, and I always shake my head.  It is sorta cool, but it's not THAT cool.  ;)

Looks like they've gone down considerably.  It's under $4k now.  :D   I've been seeing this xw on ebay for a long time now, and I always shake my head.  It is sorta cool, but it's not THAT cool.  ;)

They are just waiting for that right (ie rich) Dee & Ricky fan to come along and just HAVE to HAVE it. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Like 1

I will PERSONALLY autograph an XW of your choice using only the finest Sharpies for a paltry $2000 CDN!!!  That's like $4 American!!!!  How can anyone resist such a BARGOON!!!!!!

(Supplies are limited...  Act now while operators are standing by!!!)

1-800-U-STOOPID

:D :D :D

Gary ;)

• Like 1

I remembered about  year or two ago when they were first released as special editions.

I'd had no idea they'd found their way to Ebay already though.

There was also a less limited special "Gold" edition of the XW-P1 though that one was no where nearly as rare as these Jackson Pollack Puke Fests were. :D :D :D

I'm 100% with Chas on this one.  They look ridiculous and the only place they wouldn't look out of place is on a 1960's psychedelic tour bus :D :D :D

Gary ;)

• Like 1

I'm with you guys re: the aesthetics.

Haven't come across the gold variant (although as I primarily look at the G1 it isn't that surprising). 

Having said that, I did see a limited edition Chrome Orange P1 for sale here in Aus for $499 brand new (that's around 356 USD) !!!

*** Just checked and they still have them at that price.  https://www.keyboardcorner.com.au/casio-xw-p1-performance-synthesizer-limited-chrome-orange/