Video Files on Forum ×

MIDI issue

hrestov

Hi, 

I've just bought a GSI burn and i'd want to use it connected throught midi to the casio to automatically change preset when I recall the stage setting (I have made a burn preset for rhodes, wurly, hammond, clean and distorted, and bypass, and I also assign gain and bypass of burn to sliders of casio).  The problem is that the midi out of the casio seems not to work well. sometimes it works and sometimes stops to work.

When it stops If i unplug and plug the midi cable often returns to work, if I turn off and on the casio always works.

Connected to midiox and see the photo in the attach of this post: Normally, when it works, if I only play notes and no sliders i see only note on and note off message; when it start to not work I see this messsage..random message.. and often "system reset".

I have to bring casio to assistance? or there is something in the sys settings that Causes  random this error or I have to try a reset (is it possibile) of casio?

The issue happen with multiple midi cables, i try 3 cables and the problem remains. If I moved the midi out jack nothing happen

sorry for my english, I hope you understand.

post-4962-0-18958800-1446123808_thumb.jp

post-4962-0-16740900-1446123849_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I tested some new midi cables and it happened with all of them. The "hi res midi out" was off.  Often if I unplug and plug the midi cable It returns to work, but not always.

And the problem isn't with the Burn that I checked sending midi program change directly from computer and it worked well.

I tested the casio directly connected to the computer and the problem remained.

Today I'll bring it to assistance.. :(

• 6 months later...