Sign in to follow this  
JimmyG

XW-G1 - Assigning Samples to Keyboard

I recently purchased a Casio XW-G1 and I'm trying to determine if samples recorded using the microphone input can be assigned to the keyboard and played back at various pitches using the keys...you know, like sampling a dog bark, and then having the barking dog sing Jingle Bells.

If any one knows if and how this can be done, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jim

Thanks Carl. I've got my sample recorded into the "sample looper" and I've saved it as U:7. I'm not sure if I have to save this as a tone first and then create a performance before I can play the sample on the keys.

Is using the sample looper the correct way to get a sample into the G1 and then play on the keyboard, or am I missing something?

Thanks again!

I am able to get the samples loaded in the G1 and able to play from the keyboard...

But.. I am only able to play the samples on the lower octave. I adjusted the key low and high points of the user tone I assigned the sample to... I feel like I am missing something very basic. Any ideas?  :)

EDIT: MIke helped me out - it's in the tone edit.. I started a sampling thread over here to talk about the whole process:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/4454-converting-wav-files-to-xw-g1-samples/

( I've got my sample recorded into the "sample looper" and I've saved it as U:7)

(When you select zone param on zone 1 you can scroll to user 200 that's where the sample loops are...)

Hi Carl, thanks so far. I'm dealing with the same issue and I found this:  scrolling can go to U:007, but not to the number U:7. So these live made samples can't be retrieved. I can only find samples I have put in true pc/sd, saved as U:007 for example.  Can you explain what I do wrong?