I'm so into sampling and wishing for more.

XW-Addict

I dunno anymore how long I have the G1 maybe a year and a half but I'm so into it now,

Totally grown with it musically it changed allot it gave me piano lessons for real and the step 

to buy an PX5S which I also feel the love from. 

In short I'm addicted to this thing, I always though making good music comes from the best 

instrument money can buy its true for a part but the best comes from inspiration and skills.

Skills you can get buy practicing, Inspiration is just opening you're mind while you learn from 

the best. 

I'm glad there is an sample option so glad that I've made a whole lotta bunch of them I mean 

really this thing has sampling function to do near almost anything. Overdub is a great function

I wish all Casio had them even the PX5S if that one would overdub the sky would be the limit.

The thing is when you get experience with the sampling on the G1 you soon wish it could do

this and that specially when it has synthesis on it and filters. Layering performance sounds 

on a sample track is what I do most but its something you can do once some times I wish 

to filter a part of an instrument while the sample plays usually I'm stacking four sounds which

is a typical setup , drums , bass , melody and Fx sounds.  But its asking to much so a work around is

building the same sample loop a couple of time with different filters on different instrument sound.

And program a patch to play on top within that patch assigning note to a key to each loop with 

multi-key but that is during breaks or drops to have it work smooth.

Loading time is still an issue on this synth seems there isn't anything to do load them faster. 

All is good the force is strong in this one :D.

• Like 2

I'm really really looking forward to trying the sampling functions on my 'Christmas' G1. As I mentioned in another thread, I have just taken possession of an old Roland MV8000. It's a very powerful old machine, but disk access and sample load times are ssssssssllllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww  :blink: . So I am hoping the G1 - being over a decade newer - is a little quicker in that respect.

Very different machines though so I have a feeling they will compliment eachother well.

• Like 1

The PS5X has an overdub feature for the phrases

Its the audio wave recorder which also should have an overdub built in, The G1 sample looper can be overdub endlessly its like a small audio track , record a part save it record something again until it sounds right save it.

Doing it without a computer or  app I can record a whole piece of music with one sample loop , a complement step sequence and performance patch. 

just like what I did here this is one performance patch and a sample loop created with solo synths and step sequence P:1:0 and P1:1 

https://soundcloud.com/clay-louis-petty/cheezy-but-good-to-go-bruh