Casio CDP-230R - keys played in polyphony mode are disabled

tudoram

Hi,

I have purchased a Casio piano CDP 230R. I think there is program issue in this model as well as other several Casio keyboard models.

Description of the issue:

When the Registration Bank feature is activate (keys 1,2,3, or 4) certain group of black / white keys are disabled when I try to play them at the same time.

After the piano is restarted the issue disappear unless I re-activate registration bank feature.

Steps to reproduce the error:

Step 1: Start the piano/keyboard and play first group of 3 black keys at the same time (polyphony) -> all three keys work and you can hear the polyphony sound;

Step 2: Play the first group of white keys which surround the first group of two black keys -> all three white keys work and you can hear the polyphony sound.

Step 3: From the registration bank select any key from 1 to 4 then press the Start/Stop button -> the background song will start;

Step 4: Repeat steps 1 and 2 -> the group of 3 black keys or white keys do not play. They are deactivated in polyphony mode;

Step 5: Press Stat/Stp button to stop the background rhythm and repeat steps 1 and 2 -> the group of 3 black keys and white keys are disabled;

Step 6: restart the piano / keyboard -> everything is normal now and polyphony works.

Note: individual keys are still working when registration bank is active.

I tried few Casio models: CTK3200, WK6600, CTK6200 and they all have this issue:

I tried models: CTK200 and a Privia model and they do not have this issue

I tried few Yamaha and Roland keyboards and none of them has the issue.

Is it s know issue with casio and requires un upgrade of the firmware? can someone give an advice?

I intend to return the piano.

Thanks,

Marian