PX-150 vs PX-160

snap

Hi all, new to the forum and to digital pianos in general (I'm a long time acoustic piano player). I think I've made up my mind on a PX-150. I spent several hours in the store trying it out with several sets of good headphones, and many more hours researching it online and reading about it. This article on the best digital piano (which by the way I recommend reading to anyone shopping for a digital piano for the 1st time) talks about some of the differences between the 150 and the newer 160. but their recommendation is that the upgrades in the 160 are not "mind blowing" as they say, and to just opt for which is least expensive. 

Does anyone have any insight on why the PX-160 is the one to get? The difference in price is fairly marginal, so I'm mostly interested if the improved speakers or the added voices are worth having. 

Thanks, and very excited to get either of these beautiful pianos! 

Hi and welcome to the Casio Forums! 

The one HUGE thing they missed is the fact the PX-160 has line outs jacks and two headphone jacks, while the PX-150 only has a headphone out. That may or may not matter to you , but it needs to be mentioned,

I will also say the new string and elec piano sounds are simply gorgeous.  Again, that may not matter to you if you mainly plan on using the piano tone. 

To me the price difference is worth it, but you need to decide if those features are worth it for you. 

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the Casio Forums! 

The one HUGE thing they missed is the fact the PX-160 has line outs jacks and two headphone jacks, while the PX-150 only has a headphone out. That may or may not matter to you , but it needs to be mentioned,

I will also say the new string and elec piano sounds are simply gorgeous.  Again, that may not matter to you if you mainly plan on using the piano tone. 

To me the price difference is worth it, but you need to decide if those features are worth it for you. 

Thank you!! This is exactly what I was looking for.

The line out jack on the PX-160 might just be a deal-maker for me :)