Video Files on Forum ×

LK 175,260 & 280 owners

K10

Having studied Casio manuals carefully  - the above models list "navigation Midi tracks x2"

Are these are the two midi tracks that control the key lights? (the manual really is a waste of paper here).

If I feed a MIDI file into them where;

Track1 = music for left hand

Track2 = music for right hand

Track3 = clone of track one

Track4 = clone of track two

Can these then be played as 'training songs' where the key light comes on and waits for me to press it before lighting the next?

Happy to provide a file if anyone is happy to try on one of these keyboards?

Sad that Casio cant be arsed to answer this question - their silence is annoying, I wish some one else offered this functionality.

Thanks for any advice and the help in getting this far.

K

I've sent a better worded enquiry to Casio and this time the enquiry has been acknowleged!

They are currently trying to find out what the manuals references to 'navigation' actually mean and which keyboard can do what.

I'll post back when the info comes availabe

• 2 months later...

I use sd card with midi and it works as an internal song (without finger numbering). And Yes the keys light come on and wait.

I've also found a way to split the midi in phrases as for internal songs.

Here is an answer to another thread (my lk has 1 month.....)

It's an old post,but I've just bought a new LK280. After some experiments I found a way to split lessons with midi files. I use midi on the sd card. First select a song from the song bank (not the card). Go to Options -> Lesson -> phrase lenght. Select Pr3. Start auto Lesson and stop it. Load the midi from the card. Now it is splitted and work like internal song with multiple parts. It doesn't show finger Numbers but it works. Tell me (old post I know) if it work also for you.

Bye

• Like 1