Video Files on Forum ×

Early Days

Dude... Remove the # (hashtag) from your url. Soundcloud redirects to default when it sees an url it doesn't recognize. Soundcloud doesn't use #'s in its urls.

As for your music, It's a little too John Tesh for my tastes, but you've got some decent chops. I'd suggest weeding out some of the practice material and just leave the pieces you're proudest of on the site.

I realize they give you two hours space with a free account, but that's no reason to hang the cat's breakfast alongside the Mona Lisa ;)

Also, If I might make one last suggestion, resample and rerecord your pieces so they all play at the same volume level. Some were so faint I had to crank up my volume control by double to hear them.

Otherwise, keep working at it. You show promise. :)

Gary

Link works fine for me (duno if you changed it already)

Hey Gary, I think you may have been a bit harsh on Taswulf. We all have to start somewhere and he did say that he uploads so that family can hear.

I do agree with the volume issue. Keep an eye on that Tas.

Good progress there. Are you doing an online course or lessons?

If you want to do an online course, I would recommend checking this guy out:

Might sound a bit pretentious but his course seems really good, easy to follow and builds up the fundamentals.

I've only been doing it for a month and I feel that I've learned a lot.

There are some more free vids on his site 'instantpianogenius.com' when you register and then you need to pay to continue (of course)

I wasn't trying to be cruel. I was simply pointing out that having multiple copies of practice exercises on a website like soundcloud could prove embarrassing to him in the long run.

Let's face it, whenever ANY of us sits down at the keyboard, not every piece is a masterpiece. I think it would be constructive for him to post only his better tunes in the same way that any of us would regardless of whom our intended audience was.

I mean face it, nobody puts up a picture of him/herself on facebook that is unflattering and warts and all embarrassing unless he's trying to make a very convoluted point.

Oddly enough, the reason that I started recording was for practice. I found that listening to my recordings allowed me to spot areas for improvement more easily. I think it makes one a better playing. Nice work, I particularly liked Europop.