Video Files on Forum ×

Adjusted parameters for Port C reset upon start of MIDI playback.

sslyutov

Have Casio PX-360 with default factory settings.

1) Call MIDI recorder.

2) Record to track 1 some melody.

3) Call Mixer.

4) Go to Port C page and make adjustment of any parameter for part 1(Instrument 1) 

for instance change Volume to 50.

5) Push the play MIDI button. 

Results:  After step 5 the Volume value resets back to the one as it was set during recording.

Is it suppose to work that way?

I want that adjusted values would stay for Port C instruments upon start of MIDI playback.

Could you please try it youself and let us know your results.  I am not sure about details. 

There are at least four modes of MIDI recording. Can you provide step by step instructions what to do.

However I already tried to move in this direction. I did a lot testing. So far there is no workaround for the issue.

Seems like they(Casio) just missed this problem.

I would like to hear official response from Casio.

I have reported about this problem to Casio customer support. Will see what they say.

Use "Punch In Sync" to apply mixer setting to a track.

I found a solution for the subject. The following recording modes cannot be used to achive desired results: New, Re-Recording, Punch InA-B.

There are steps(for those who met the same issue):

1) Turn on PX-360

2) Call MIDI Recorder from "MENU" screen.

3) Select the MIDI data(previously recorded) or record anything the any solo track (for instance track 2) but system (system normally used for backing/rhythm).

4) Click record button "circle".. The button starts blinking.

5) Select the solo track (track 2 for instance) you want to modify.

6) Set recording mode "Punch In Sync"

7) Go to Mixer page.

8) Select port C

9) Adjust setting for the port with the same number as selected solo track (in my example 2).

10) Push sustain pedal to start recording and stop recording right away.

11) Playback the solo track. It should has new settings.

The UI is awful.

The touchscreen itself does not solve any logic problems.

I do hope Casio will release some update for UI.

• Like 1

Check my posts here about my older px575 song recorder/mixer. Although instruments are much different apparently Casio has still not designed these with true facilities for recording multitrack work. My px350 although 17 tracks for recording is even more crippled in this respect. If you read my and tnicosons posts referencing my px575 and the wk3300 3800 series you might get a few ideas as to what we are dealing with and some of the tedious workarounds I've had to use to create even a simple multitrack midi without computer interaction...DAW etc.

To clarify something.  Privia's are not classified by Casio as workstations. They have arranger functions but will always miss some things when compared to models geared more towards music production.   

Casio's that are classified as workstations are WK models.   And as you go backwards in time, the features will be fewer.  

• Like 1

I kinda noticed that. Read all the manual before buying and didn't noticed anything about adjusting mixing values after recording, in fact. I was just expecting that as it looked obvious to me.

Nothing written on the manual about that magic happening when you press the power button: the screen backlight turns on! can you believe it?! not written in the manual! :)

Well, actually it is possible to tweak around mixing values after recording, but your tweaking is not recorded. Anyway this would be something nice to have (fixed). Maybe next firmware update?

:) cheers

To clarify something.  Privia's are not classified by Casio as workstations. They have arranger functions but will always miss some things when compared to models geared more towards music production.   

Casio's that are classified as workstations are WK models.   And as you go backwards in time, the features will be fewer.  

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Record directly to DAW not to PX. You get the MIDI tracks which will not impact your setting on output port.

Another option - the output  port can be adjusted. It can be anything - A, B or C (check MIDI setting on PX). Such approach is not as straight forward as using of DAW.