XW Editor Windows Troubleshooting

Null

Hi Mike. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Sometime in the last month or two, I'm not sure exactly when, I've been getting error messages that I can't connect to the XW-P1 in both Windows 7 as well as Wine in Linux.

I'm assuming that it's either a service pack or some specific updates that broke the software. I tend to excpect that kind of behaviour in Wine and Linux since updates are constantly breaking fixing things, but this is also what I'm seeing now wirth Win 7.

Anyway, I know it's not a hardware problem since my XW-P1 continues to talk to both Cakewalk Home Studio 9 and Cakewalk Music Creator 5 without any problems.

BTW, I just realized that I installed an M-Audio Venom ASIO driver when I picked up a unit for cheap this month. It may be an interaction between the two. I'll try uninstalling the driver and see what happens.

Either way, I'd appreciate hearing if the boys in Japan have discovered any new issues regarding this as well.

Regards,

Gary

Error message is on the preferences page. Says something like "Device failed to connect"

It's not the Venom Drivers. I tried removing them and still the same.

Yes I do have a Logitech Webcam. A model C250. It didn't cause any problems before.

If it helps, here's my configuration.

Acer M5700 Desktop

Windows 7 64 Bit installed and fully patched. Dual booting Kubuntu Linux 12.04 with KXStudio installed, also fully patched.

USB devices : Casio XW-P1, Korg TR76, M-Audio Venom, Logitech C250 Webcam and APC 800VA UPS connected.

Mouse and keyboard are PS/2 connections.

I haven't tried disconnecting the APC cause it's a pain to get at, but like I said, everything worked in this configuration before the Venom was added.

Now it doesn't matter whether Venom is enabled or not.