Touch feedback PX350

Jokeyman123

I have been spending some time getting my jazz and classical chops back on the PX350 and have been playing mostly through speakers lately (my head was getting too narrow from headphone squish :P . And I just noticed something very interesting IMO.

When played at a reasonable loudness, I get a distinct feeling via the piano's vibration of physical connection to this instrument, not like an acoustic grand or upright but distinctly its own and yet it feels somehow very natural, it gives me a real sense of physical feedback based on my playing. I hadn't noticed it until recently when I really began to "lay into" it with more aggressive 2-hand playing and at a loudness level just short of distorting but certainly sounding fortissimo where I sit. Maybe I've been eating too many mushrooms lately but has anyone else with a PX noticed this? Maybe its because of all the damping materials I put in mine, I can play louder through the speakers before it distorts and this might have some thing to do with it but it is definitely a good thing. Or maybe its an "audial illusion". Or delusions of grander piano. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

A yes..the force be with me. If Darth Vader or the Kilingons had some Privias or an XW...maybe there would be less trouble in the time-space continuum. to get true force feedback...i try to avoid using my elbows, feet or nose to pay those big fat chords...but the temptation is always there! :huh::P:rolleyes::blink: