[AMP] to slider connection - via DSP Param 8?

Privmn33

Many EP sounds assign [AMP] setting to slider 2, allowing the EP sound to vary based on the type of AMP selected; Jcombo, Acombo, Mstack, RStack etc.  to simulate running the 5s thru a variety of AMP types

For many EPs as you move slider 2, in the upper part of the display window you see
- AMP   [Fcombo],      where the bracketed name changes as you move the slider

- No Assign                is seen just below that in the display

In the Editor, for most of these EPs, when you go to see Slider 2 assignment in the Editor
(Stage Setting -> Common Settings -> Slider 2), you usually see assignment of that slider to:
DSP Param 8

Question: When I try to assign Slider 2 to DSP Param 8 as 'target' in order to be able to select an [AMP] , AMP does not show up in display window after making this setting as I move Slider 2

• I have not been able to find in the editor where DSP Param 8 is associated with AMP ??

• How can AMP assignment be made for a slider; can this be done for both Tone and Hex sounds?

Have tried to look thru tutorial PDF, and forum threads (30+ pages), but did not spot a similar topic.

The controller target list is interactive on the PX-5s screen. This means the labeling of DSP parameters changes based on what DSP effect is assigned to the current zone.   In the data editor, the list is static and shows DSP parameter numbers in place of names.  In both cases, the targets are the same, only the labeling changes.

I would use the PX-5s screen to do this because of the advantage in labeling. 

To make a slider control AMP:  

1) Use zone buttons to choose the zone you want and then pick the tone you want

2) Press the DSP button. Choose distortion effect from the list.  May already be there if the tone has DSP assigned to it. Exit.

3) Press edit>stage setting>common edit>slider edit>target edit>DSP parameter 8 will magically be in the list labeled "AMP" since it knows distortion is the DSP effect.  Exit out completely.

4) Press edit>stage setting>zone edit>controller edit>make sure the slider enable is on for that zone.  Go to the other zones and disable the slider so a conflict does not arise.