'3rd' Line out to separate Bass on a particular zone/channel

Privmn33

I use an Amp that allows a stereo connection...usually connecting 5s right/left line out to the AMP.  Have also been porting from that smaller AMP a mono output to a 300W Compact Bass amp....to support the SPLIT zone I use with a Bass sound.

Current problem is with the 5s stereo output running first into the smaller amp (where it is 'lined out' MONO to the Bass Amp), the smaller amp tends to 'clip' at higher Bass levels, as the signal is passed thru to the Bass Amp.

Can the output from the zone with BASS sound be redirected to another PX-5s output jack so I can run it directly into the compact Bass amp, while running stereo cables from the Line Out jacks to the smaller Amp?

Two solutions to your situation: One is to use an iPad/computer/module for the bass sound, the other is to just run the signal in mono. Without going into the physics of it, stereo is pretty useless and quite often a detriment in most live situations.  If you choose to go this route, there is the issue of effects which will have to be handled outside the PX-5S for the most part. 

• 2 weeks later...