Video Files on Forum ×

USB Midi driver for Windows 10

Check out this page about Windows.  You may need to run compatibility troubleshooter and have Windows treat the driver as if it were installed on an older version.  Windows has always been great about making older software remain compatible in new versions. 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

jirka

For what it is worth: Several years ago, when I replaced my failed Vista-32 system with a Vista-64 unit, I lost communications with my WK-3800, because Casio never wrote a Vista-64 driver for the WK-3XXX units.  Several years later, when they did release the current Win-7/8 64 bit driver for the WK-3XXX models, I tried it on my Vista-64 system.  It installed and ran just fine, and is still running just fine today - even though Casio still insists that it is not compatible with Vista-64.  When I say "runs fine", that includes basic communications between the WK-3800 and the PC and the IDES Data Management software.  Typically, Windows checks drivers for compatibility prior to installation, and if there is an issue, it will refuse to install them.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
50 minutes ago, Dorian66 said:

where do i find the driver for casio ctk-720? im such a noob  lol  

It's the same driver as I mentioned in my first post at the top here.  As I said, one is for 32 bit Windows and one is for 64 bit.  

https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=75

https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=72

On 8/17/2019 at 11:05 AM, Nicole said:

Hi there. Is there a driver available for the casio LK-100? I bought myself an audio interface and I've been meaning to record with it. I checked the Casio website but couldn't find it. Thanks in advance

Casio drivers are for older models with a USB MIDI port.  The LK-100 does not have a USB MIDI port, so it does not need any drivers.  Your audio interface manufacturer should tell you if that device needs a driver or not.  That won't be related to Casio in any way.  

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, PaulDF said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I plugged the two together and it didn't play! The computer bleeped when I inserted the USB cable/plug but it does not recognise anything or display a device in the "this PC" window.

What is the name of the software you want to use your Casio as a controller for?  

LIL

The WK-110 is an older keyboard that is NOT USB-MIDI Class Compliant, so it will NOT work with the driver that is "built-in" to Windows and MAC-OS.  You will need to install the driver described by Brad in the above discussions.  It "SHOULD" work with Windows-10, but you may need to resort to installing it in a Windows-10 "compatibility mode" for older Windows versions, also described above by Brad.  For certain, if you still have the original CD ROM that came with the WK-110, do not bother trying to install that driver.  Windows-10 will not install it.

• 3 months later...

I have an LK-300tv and am trying to connect it to an asus tablet pw. When trying to install this driver I have compatibility issues. My asus is a windows 7 but was updated to the latest windws10. Am Itrying to install the wrong driver or is this just not compatible with anything because my keyboard is 10 years old? 

Thank you for your help

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a CT-S100 - I have connected it to my Laptop (Windows 10) but it has not registered the keyboard at all. I have tried to install the driver software above but it still isn't recognising the keyboard. My laptop is brand new and the USB port works fine, so if anyone could help that'd be great.

15 minutes ago, jmunn5665 said:

I just bought a CT-S100 - I have connected it to my Laptop (Windows 10) but it has not registered the keyboard at all. I have tried to install the driver software above but it still isn't recognising the keyboard. My laptop is brand new and the USB port works fine, so if anyone could help that'd be great.

The driver above is not needed for a CT-S100. In fact the driver is built-in to Windows and Microsoft wrote the driver. What software are you trying to use with your CT-S100?

• Like 1