Loading an edited Rhythm part from an external MIDI to the CTK7200 keyboard

xera

Hello

I can record a rhythm part for instance Intro1  from Casio CTK-7200 to an external MIDI software, and then edit the part. My question is that after edditing, HOW CAN I LOAD THE EDITED PART FROM MIDI SOFTWARE  INTO THE KEYBOARD ? What buttons to push, and what is the procedure?

Thank you very much for any help.

Xera

The new Casio CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models can not import MIDI files as rhythm files.  The IDES Data Management software for the old WK-3XXX units and their equivalent CTK models included a stand-alone module that would import a properly formatted MIDI file and convert it to a rhythm file in the old "CKF" format, but this was not an easy process.  The computer based DAW that created or edited the MIDI file had to be set up with markers to properly (and exactly) demarcate the various rhythm sections - Intro 1, Intro 2, Variation 1, Variation 2, etc, etc, etc - or the entire process would fail, and even then, when you thought you had done everything correctly, it would often still fail.  For what you want to do, you would need to save your rhythm as a MIDI file; load the old IDES-4 software onto your PC; load the MIDI file into your DAW; make your modifications; save it as a MIDI file; import it into the "Rhythm Converter" in the IDES software, and convert it to a "CKF" rhythm file.  When the CTK-7200 loads the CKF rhythm file, either from an SD Card or from a Data Manager download, its operating system will convert it to the new "AC7" rhythm file format.

There are several members here who have done this successfully.  Hopefully, one or more of them will chime in here and share their experiences in this with you.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello friends,

How can I get Indian rythms which is in CTK-7300IN model. It has 28 indian rhythms. How can I download and from where?? I need indian tones too for same model, as they have some indian tones too.

pl. help me...

I've ctk-7200 model. And Indian rhythm of ctk-7300in can work. But I don't know where to download those rhythm's files. ctk-7200 and ctk-7300in is almost same except indian rhythms and tones. ctk-7200 has 8 indian rhythms and few tones... only so i need from ctk-7300in.

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Hello friends,

How can I get Indian rythms which is in CTK-7300IN model. It has 28 indian rhythms. How can I download and from where?? I need indian tones too for same model, as they have some indian tones too.

pl. help me...

Even if you get the rhythms of CTK 7300in find very difficult to do the conversion in another CTK / WK because this keyboard is designed to tone himself.
What I advise is to seek rhythms in the Casio sites compatible to your keyboard.
What would you want the same as me. A keyboard with regional factory tones.
The new MZ-X you will not have these problems because it accepts loops on the pads which gives an originality to styles.
I advise also to create rhythms with approximate tones on your keyboard.