How do you export sounds as wav files? And how can you record live sets?

jamie808perez

Hi I've recently purchased the XW-G1 and I've been trying to figure this out for ages. basically I want to know is after you create something from within the synth e.g. a drum pattern, melody ect.. how do I then export that as a wav file to use within my DAW? 

also I would like to know how I can record full tracks and live sets from within the synth, Is there any way to take the master output of the synth and send it to my DAW and record it as an audio file?

The G1 isn't capable to create or export wav files, The editor is able to convert wave files to samples in the G1 format and transfer those

to the keyboard.

To send you're performance or step sequences out the keyboard needs to be connecting an L/R jack to 3.5 mini jack cable to the

line in of the computer if it has an proper sound-card.

Best is to connect an audio interface which is more able for the job to you're

computer which also needs a different L/R 1.5 jack cable to connect the keyboard to. 

Full tracks recording can be done using the above description and record each part of you're sequence performance  to audio recording 

to you're DAW that the standard way everyone does it pretty straight forward. (There are instrument definition files *.ins for Sonar and

Cubase at the download section if you need those). 

Another way is (which I do for quick recording) using a mobile recorder which can record multi-tracks. 

Lives sets can be build using the presets as templates one of the many tools are multi-key to change sounds , samples , sequences etc 

on the fly without interrupting current set. Or import loops from wave files to the editor and convert them to play from a performance , 

sequence or the looper. 

I thought you would also be able to use the editor to convert G1 samples back to wav but if I can send the master output to my DAW then ill be able to record my samples that way.

So alls I have to do is connect the G1 to my audio interface and all sounds I play will be recorded into my DAW (Ableton)?

Step 1)  User Wave Convert wav files into USER WAVE (ZWT) tones using the Casio Data Editor for XW-G1.  

Step 2)  Transfer USER WAVE tones to the XW-G1 user wave slots. 

Step 4)  Edit the user tone.  

Step 5) Solo synth PCM oscillator>Select User Wave 1-1, 1-2, etc.  as the wave.   See attached screenshot. 
 post-1490-0-99086400-1449968740.png

post-1490-0-99086400-1449968740_thumb.pn

• Like 1

I really appreciate you trying to help  but its still not working for me.

I've converted my samples and placed them within the user wave files but when I go to that drop down menu shown in your image my samples don't appear in there and I cant see any option to save samples to the pcm melody or the solo synth sections, what do you mean in step 4 by edit the user tone?

sorry to be a nuisance but this is really annoying me now all I want to do is fill my  synth with my own samples lol