Delivery and Unboxing of a GP-300 ?

Hi everyone, a question about the delivery of a GP-300:

Most of online reseller deliver to the doorstep, ground floor.

Given the weight of a GP-300, 80 kg, I'm wondering how it's packed ?

I guess it's delivered on a wooden pallet, but what about the inside of the box ?

How heavy is the biggest part ? Are 2 adults enough to carry this part up 2 flights of stairs ?

Thank you.

Aymeric

Well I'll be!  Ok - well the assembly instructions on page 58 of the manual (http://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/008/Web_GP300-ES-1A_EN.pdf)

show the pieces. It looks like most of the weight is going to be in the main piano portion: the keyboard, action, amp, and speakers are all in there. So I would say 2 pretty strong people would be needed to schlep it up 2 flights of stairs. 

• 4 weeks later...

i don't know whether this reply is already too late or not :D in Indonesia, there's this writing on GP-300's box that says the weight is about 103kg. just sharing my experience, it took 4 persons to carry the box and assembly this thing. mind that the GP speakers are at the bottom of the unit, and since the unit itself is the heaviest, dont put it with the speakers facing down..it probably can damage the speakers.

i think i would've given up if only given 2 persons carrying it to the 2nd floor..make sure u have 2 very strong ones to minimize the risk ;)

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

I would suggest visiting this YouTube video to see how to assemble your Celviano Grand Hybrid piano (see below). One thing that is not mentioned in the video is adjusting the "height adjustment screw." The adjustment screw is located directly under the piano at the pedals. It must be adjusted so that the base of the screw rests squarely on the floor where the piano is to be placed.

In the U.S., the piano arrives in one big box on a pallet and is left for the owner to take care of bringing it into its new home. To get the piano in my house and up the front porch steps, I unloaded the contents in front of my house and brought the pieces into the house separately. The keyboard piece itself is 180 lbs. (81 kg.) so you need two strong people to lift and carry it (the weight of the piano bench also adds a lot to the total packaged weight). It required myself another abled person to bring the keyboard section into the house and again when assembling the piano. Of course, there is an owner's manual for assembling the piano, but the video helps tremendously. As I recall, there are also 3 separate adhesive tapes that hold the keys in place. You don't want to take those tapes off until you have the piano where you want it to stay.