Video Files on Forum ×

Score / Note Display Functionality / Play-Along

techtot

On all the new units with the touch screen I assumed they would have some sort of music tab display functionality (given that it is color and that Yamaha has it).  I have not been able to find this functionality.  Could I hook up a computer via USB and put a small screen there that will show the notes as played and show music scores for songs being played back?  This would assist my kids. Does anyone know of good / low cost software for this? Any help appreciated.

I mostly answered my question myself. There is a bazillion apps that will display scores/notes , etc using the MIDI standard..so I will just use an external monitor I guess.

Stil would like to see it built in though? Whats the resolution on the screen? Maybe it's not good enough?

No this isn't a feature of the CGP-700, although some other beginner and intermediate Casios have that. 

Honestly, I think the software is a better way to go for a couple of reasons. 

1- You can choose the software that works best for your needs and aren't stuck with one option.

2- The position of a monitor or tablet trains players to look forward where printed sheet music would be, not straight down at the screen.

Just an FYI: If you are an iPad user, there are several apps out there for this as well and maybe easier to set-up right on the music rest. Kids seem to like iPad more , too.  :)   You will need to purchase a $30 Apple Camera Connection kit to connect the CGP-700 to the ipad (as well as a standard USB printer cable).