Video Files on Forum ×

Ctk 2400 usb not recognized

So I tried using the usb/midi for the first time on my ctk 2400. I get a error message saying device not recognized replace it. I'm using Windows 7

This keyboard is a week old I'm not going to return it because another one would probably do the same error message. The keyboard does not come with anything useful like a cd with drivers. Should I try wasting my money on another brand of cable?

Its not just easy plug and play self install like a lot of people say. I feel like I'm missing the drivers or something. I know this is a simple kids learning keyboard so it should be easy to hookup, I should be able to use midi and expand its limitations.

Please if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate any help, I just want my new toy to work.

Something is malfunctioning.  Modern Casio keyboards do not have nor require additional usb driver software.  They are class compliant.  Windows will have the correct driver and install it automatically if everything is working properly.  First step is to rule out the usb cable.  Try to locate another cable (usb printers use them).  If you can try another computer, that would be good to do as well.  If none of that works, I would exchange the CTK for another one. 

• Like 1