WK-240 My original recordings have disappeared

Lois

After recording songs for four hours, lstening to them, good playback.
Ready for performance .
Then next session, one of them had disappeared.
Started over, recorded again.
Yesterday only one was left !
After hearing it once, it disappeared too !
I did not hold down the Recording button until "Delete" appeared.

Phoned Costco in Kelowna where I bot it on Nov22 in BC.
They suggested "customer Service in Canada".
Instead a person from US answered who did not comprehend .
So she referred me to this site.

If this is a common probem, being unable to retrieve recordings,
Costco will not want to sell defective keyboards.
My former Roland did not lose recordings...
I had hoped that Casio had improved.
Sure hope you can help me retrieve the musical information.

Lois

038 Disco Soul is an accompaniment rhythm - not a song.  If you are seeing that in the display, then your keyboard is set for you to play a new song in real time with Disco Soul as the accompaniment rhythm.  It is not set up to play back a previously recorded song.  To play back a previously recorded song, press the RECORDER button.  A song number will appear in the upper left corner of the display for a few seconds.  While it is there, use the 10-key pad to enter the number of the song you want to playback.  I think you will need to enter the song number as 01 through 05 or 001 through 005 to get it to register properly.  You only have a few seconds to do this, otherwise you have to start the procedure over.  Once you have entered the song number, press the START/STOP-PLAYSTOP button to start playback.  At this point, do not, do not, do not press the RECORDER button or you will overwrite your song with a blank recording, which, if you are losing songs, may be what you are doing.  Keep this in mind - press the RECORDER button and enter a song number and press the RECORDER button AGAIN to record a new song OR press the START/STOP-PLAY/STOP button to playback a previously recorded song.

Also, for security/privacy/safety reasons, it is NEVER advisable to post your phone number in ANY forum.  I suggest you edit you original post and remove it.

Best of luck and wishing you loads of enjoyment with your WK-240.

Regards,

Ted

Glad to be of help, Scott !

I just posted this as my closing entry to another thread that Brad and I have been working on:

It is nice to have something to contribute for a change.  All of these CTK/WK boards have been out for a while, so we don't see much traffice here any more, except for the guys who are experimenting with things their boards really weren't designed for, which I am just not into.  Since I sold my XW some time ago, I don't have anything to contribute over there, so it does get a bit lonesome around here at times.

Ted