Video Files on Forum ×

5 Days To Go

CairnsFella

And it arrives. Hooraaaaaaaah  :D

Most pleased indeed.

Sadly, given my Christmas day schedule, I didnt even have time to plug it in  :(  (Well, I could have when I got back late evening, but I was shattered and I want to be pert and alert for my first experience with the G1.)

What was strange though, is despite all the research I had done, the pictures I had seen and the videos I had watched, the G1 still 'somehow' looked a little different in the flesh. I cant explain as obviously it isnt different to the pictures.... I suppose it just shows that pictures are not a substitute for the real thing. Anyway, the difference was neither in a bad nor good way... just different. But I like the way it presents in the flesh. I also quite liked the action for a budget synth... suits my unskilled playing ability (though obviously having not plugged it in yet I should reserve judgement until I try the velocity sensitivity).

One thing I found in my few moments with the board that I was pleased with is that most of the buttons (though not the knobs) are a firm rubber type substance. I had assumed that all the controls were hard plastic, so that was a pleasing find.

At work today, and still pretty jaded, but I hope I perk up by the time I get home ready for some sonic experimentation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just had my first 2 days off since Christmas ......................AND..............................

I STILL haven't played my G1. D'oh!!

This is partially due to the fact that I haven't had time of since Christmas so I had so much to catch up with before I I felt I could 'indulge' myself. Secondly, I am primarily a bass player - which I don't spend enough time practising either - so as I was invited to a jam for one of the days I felt I should go to that. But there was one other little reason too.

After clearing space in my 'Studio' (loose definition), I had another feel of the knobs and sliders on the G1, and noticed one slider was very loose. It soon became apparent that it was barely hanging on. I decided to write to Casio and thought I would include a video to demonstrate - as much as a video can - how loose the slider was. Whilst doing the video, the slider - or more specifically the plastic cover for the slider - split completely in half in my hand.

Anyway, I have written to Casio to hopefully have this resolved, though, at a push, I could glue the old one back together. I am reluctant to do this though as I would likely have to glue the slider to the slider post too.

A little disappointed it must be said, but I guess these things happen, and it could be worse I suppose.

But after all that .. still no playing.  :(

My room is now organised though, so if I am not too tired tonight I am going to throw the (metaphorical) power switch and take it for a ride. ... finally...... hopefully !!